As a member of the management team, you will be responsible for the timely planning, coordination, and execution of all field operations for Bionera, a subsidiary of PRT Growing Services Ltd. The ideal candidate will have successfully managed field teams, preferably planting crews, for a minimum of five years. Experience in operating, maintaining, and repairing commercial farming equipment will definitely be an asset. Knowledge and practice with integrated pest management and herbicide application processes will also be an advantage. The potential candidate must enjoy traveling, and working away from home, outside, in various weather conditions.
Bionera is in a unique situation to offer this position out of the following locations: PRT Nursery Locations in Beaverlodge AB, Armstrong BC or Prince George BC. Options in the Calgary, Red Deer, or Edmonton, AB areas will also be considered.
Compensation, Benefits & Workplace Culture:
- Highly competitive annual salary matching your level of experience and ability
- Bonus incentive program – up to 10% of annual salary-
- Matching RRSP program
- Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of extended health, dental, provincial medical with all premiums paid by the employer
- We provide a supportive team structured environment, a strong safety culture, and a commitment to the environment
- Our PRT locations are vibrant and fun communities with employees who share a strong passion for the “green” nature of our business and doing their part in regenerating the forests of North America
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in agriculture, horticulture, or forestry, or the equivalent combination of education & experience
- Five or more years of management in the agriculture, horticulture, crop production, or tree planting field, including operating and maintaining commercial farm equipment
- Experience leading and managing teams, with the ability to work independently
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills, with proven flexibility to adapt to changing situations
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Outlook
- Knowledge or experience with continuous process improvement in a production environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license. The experience and competency to tow and handle a loaded trailer would be an asset.
- Must have, or willing to obtain, a Pesticide Applicator Certificate (AB & SK) and First Aid Ticket
Bionera and its parent company, PRT Growing Services, are the leaders in establishing and managing large-scale woody biomass plantations to help solve energy, waste management and environmental issues.We offer a range of services that are ideally suited to municipal and industrial operations, including:
- feasibility analysis of blending conventional and willow crop systems cost
- estimates for installing a short-rotation willow crop plantation
- crop management and establishment assistance
Together, with our associates in the environmental consulting and irrigation industries, we can provide low-risk, turn-key solutions for disposal of municipal and industrial waste, including biosolids and wastewater.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume here
Applications will be accepted until the successful candidate has been hired.
To learn more about Bionera, please visit: www.bionera.com
Thank you for applying; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.